Monday, September 21, 2009

The Capital Grill (Philadelphia,PA)

Dad Says:
A Steak House in “The City Of Brotherly Love”; this is a very upscale restaurant for sure, my only issue here was the atmosphere. It had the feel of “old money”, and while I appreciate the fact that the place is in historic Philadelphia, a little more of an updated feel would not be a bad idea in the dinning area. Onto the food…the food was fantastic! The steaks were cooked like I cook them at home and would like to have them cooked everywhere, perfectly! Me, my Wife and my Daughter all had steaks and we all had different cuts, all of which were cooked to our specific preferences the first time!...imagine that, I asked for something medium and I didn’t have to send it back because it came raw…who knew a steak house could do that? My Daughter had Potatoes Au Gratin and I have to say they were like “silky-cheesy love” sliced the thinnest I have ever seen. My Wife and I shared a Cold Fish Platter; every bit of it was as fresh as can be, the lobster portions generous and the oysters were as sweet as the ocean can make them. The topper to this entire event was my side dish of Lobster Mac-n-Cheese which was ridiculously delicious. There were no small shreds of lobster here, just gigantic chunks throughout and the cheese sauce they have on this was beyond decadent. The strangest thing was the trumpet shape of the pasta (which I have never seen before). I could have done without the breadcrumb topping on this dish, but otherwise it had to be the best Mac-n-Cheese I have ever tasted (and I have tasted a lot of them). Quick side note; our server, Matt Snell, was the most pleasant waiter. After spending a great day with the family, to go to a place and to be waited on like a friend is serving you at their house just tops off the day......lets see what Gia has to say.
Menu: 5 out of 5
Food: 5 out of 5
Service: 5 out of 5
Price: 2 out of 5 (Steak House’s are never cheap)


Gia Says:
Recently we went to Philadelphia to go to the Zoo. Afterwards we went to a restaurant called The Capital Grille. Our waiter who served us was very nice, his name was Matt. I had filet mignon and potatoes au gratin. My steak was great and the potatoes were super delicious (maybe the best I ever had!). I also stole some of my Dad’s Lobster Mac and Cheese which was also excellent (really cheesy). All of the food was great and I would love to go back there again.
Menu: 5 out of 5
Food: 5 out of 5
Service: 5 out of 5
Price: see Dad’s comments


No comments:

Post a Comment